The Huawei Matebook D 14″ is now available in the U.S. After looking at the specs and price, this laptop could be one of the best bang-for-your-buck deals out there. In a nutshell, you can get a laptop that does more than gets you by for lightweight tasks. I would actually feel comfortable getting some media editing done on this laptop. For more information, pricing, and availability, please keep reading.
My Top Features
- Fingerprint reader
- USB C connection
- 8th gen i7
- Good price
Price & Availability
The HUAWEI MateBook D 14” Intel edition has two variants:
- 8th Gen i7 Intel processor available at Microsoft.com only for $1,099
- 8th Gen i5 Intel processor available at Amazon, Newegg and B&H for $999
Premium Without a Premium Price Tag
- The HUAWEI MateBook D is the ideal laptop for those wanting premium design, features, and performance without a premium price tag.
- It is an ultra-slim and lightweight, yet full-featured notebook. It weighs just 3.5 lbs., measures just over half an inch (0.62”) thick and has a durable and beautiful metallic unibody so it is very portable, which is perfect for students who need to take a laptop with them everywhere.
- The Intel variants also feature a fingerprint reader integrated into the power key that recognizes multiple user profiles and starts up in just 9 seconds and launches from the lock screen in 0.9 seconds.
Power and Productivity On the Go
Despite its slim size, the HUAWEI MateBook D 14” packs in all the important features.
- 57.4 Whr large capacity battery that ensures up to 12 hours of 1080P video playback and even more of web browsing
- a full-size keyboard that is backlit and spill proof
- a large clickpad for gesture control
- It also comes with all the right ports, including USB-C, USB-A, and HDMI, ensuring you can easily connect to projectors and displays.
Entertainment Without Compromise
The display is Full HD and 16:9 wide which is great for watching videos, and it is Touch Screen! Touch screens are a must-have today. You can scroll through files and articles, and zoom in and out much faster than with a mouse and with more accuracy than just using the clickpad.
- And when you’ve earned that downtime and want to kick back and watch a movie, it has amazing sound. The four speakers, split frequency setup featuring Dolby ATMOS® creates an immersive surround sound effect.
Latest posts by Josh (see all)
- Sony Noise Canceling Headphones: WH-1000XM3 - September 17
- Huawei MateBook D 14″ – Best bang for your buck laptop? - September 14
- Fitbit Versa review: Can it replace your smartwatch? - September 13